Welcome

Miss Penny's Arty Stuff is a blog for artists. I aim to promote the many genres of the arts and share stories of interest and relevancy with an artistic community.

The photo above is of the Belabula River, Carcoar NSW where my family comes from.

Monday, June 21, 2010

FAME opens in Brisbane


'Fame the Musical' opened in Brisbane this weekend and what a fabulous show it is. I was determined to be in attendance as I have a friend and former student, Charles Bartley (pictured here with Hugo and I after the show) in the cast.

Charlie has given me a lot of pride as I've followed his rise through the ranks of the 'So You Think You Can Dance' series last year where he finished second. He now joins many of the other former SYTYCD contestants in the cast of FAME, including some of my favourites, like the beautiful Amy. Charlie is 'dancing dynamite' in this production and of course I would go just to see him alone, but the show has many draw-cards.

The whole production is just sensational and Talia Fowler, the SYTYCD winner from the 2009 series was absolutely fabulous dancing alongside Timomatic (another of the wonderful SYTYCD contestants).

The outstanding choreographer, Kelley Abbey has just blown us away with her work over many years and this production really shows just how brilliant she is.

Now if it's 'impressive voice' that 'floats your boat' then the portrayal of Mabel Washington by Jaz Flowers will really do it for you, she was incredible!

I really loved FAME and I would highly recommend this Australian cast and this wonderful and refreshing production.

Do try to get along to see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment