Welcome

Miss Penny's Arty Stuff is a blog for artists. I aim to promote the many genres of the arts and share stories of interest and relevancy with an artistic community.

The photo above is of the Belabula River, Carcoar NSW where my family comes from.

Monday, February 21, 2011

Experiencing the world Visually



My first lesson in Auslan was just wonderful, I felt inspired and excited and as if I was definitely 'in the right place'. My tutor spoke of how people from the Deaf Community experience the world visually.

I too have always been incredibly visual. I'm a visual learner. I prefer to be shown things, not told. I struggle to learn languages that are aural. Yet dance and Auslan are a perfect fit for me, the languages of the body, where movement and expression can tell the story. I also love to read, the visual word is beautiful to me.

I love visual imagery, such as movies, visual art and video art.

I'm looking forward to becoming an efficient sign language user and increasing my abilities to communicate in a non-verbal way. I'll keep you informed of my progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment