Welcome

Miss Penny's Arty Stuff is a blog for artists. I aim to promote the many genres of the arts and share stories of interest and relevancy with an artistic community.

The photo above is of the Belabula River, Carcoar NSW where my family comes from.

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

What to give the 'new' mum?



A very dear friend of mine just had a baby. This got me thinking about gift options.

I've come to be known, amongst my friends, for hand-made gifts and I don't want this special friend to feel that I haven't 'gone to trouble'.

Now this is all lovely and sweet, but how relevant or indeed how appreciated is a hand-produced item these days? I truly hope there is still a place for something lovingly created.

I thought that new mums are unlikely to want knitted bootees anymore, citing 'way too much washing' as the reason. So I asked myself what could I make for my friend that would be useful, beautiful and likely to stand up to the hard yards of baby land? My answer came in a few moments - monogrammed face washers with crocheted edges. I still have some of these (made by my mother) after many years of use.

What do you think new mums would like these days? Perhaps a trip to Target is the preferred option. I'm not sure, I need your advice.

No comments:

Post a Comment