Welcome

Miss Penny's Arty Stuff is a blog for artists. I aim to promote the many genres of the arts and share stories of interest and relevancy with an artistic community.

The photo above is of the Belabula River, Carcoar NSW where my family comes from.

Monday, August 1, 2011

Hybrid Dance Styles



There's been a bit of talk around about pole dancing especially since Australia played host to the Asia Pacific Championships recently. I thought I'd do some personal research and see just what my position was on this dance style. Well..... I can only say that some of it is fantastic. Generally it's pretty sexy (there can be no denying) and when tastefully and artistically performed I'd have to say, I'm a fan.

I always admire a performer who has clearly spent a great deal of time perfecting their art. I appreciate, strength, beauty, artistry and line, all of which you will see in the clip I've chosen for you from Elena Gibson. I enjoyed the melding of genres and cross cultivation can only be a good thing, expanding the audience for art and entertainment in the process. I found the work relevant and entertaining. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment