Welcome

Miss Penny's Arty Stuff is a blog for artists. I aim to promote the many genres of the arts and share stories of interest and relevancy with an artistic community.

The photo above is of the Belabula River, Carcoar NSW where my family comes from.

Sunday, May 2, 2010

A Time to Give Thanks


My artistic interests stretch across so many genres. I love dance, musical theatre, fine art, poetry, literature, music, fashion design, knitting, sewing, crochet, collage and mixed media.

I have my mother to thank for introducing me to all of these things.

I am the artist I am today, because of my mother.

She taught me to knit, crochet and sew at a very young age.

My mother introduced me to Musical Theatre firstly through her huge collection of ‘long play albums’, all the 'greats' were there; Carousel, Oklahoma, The Sound of Music, Porgy and Bess, I could not wait to be a part of that world. A life long love affair with Musical Theatre has transpired.

She took me to dance class aged six, beginning what would be my career. She took me to the ballet to see Dame Margot Fonteyn. I would never look back!

My mother has supported my unrelenting desires to participate in the world of the arts. I am very grateful.

Our mutual love of Australian literature is one of our most precious shared things. My earliest memories include Mother’s renditions of the poetry of Banjo Paterson. My bed time story was Australian classic, “Snugglepot & Cuddlepie”.

My mother also taught me to love fashion, she is a fine dresser and loves beautiful clothes. I do too...... and shoes, yes shoes, we love shoes too.

This Mother’s Day I give thanks, as I do every moment, for my beautiful Mother, Betty. I love you!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Penny

    I was most pleased to see the current photo of your Mum :-)

    Wish her Happy Mothers Day from Margie. XX PS I hope I win the beautiful bag!!

    ReplyDelete