Welcome

Miss Penny's Arty Stuff is a blog for artists. I aim to promote the many genres of the arts and share stories of interest and relevancy with an artistic community.

The photo above is of the Belabula River, Carcoar NSW where my family comes from.

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Coco Chanel & Igor Stravinsky


I excitedly await an opportunity to attend the cinema to see Coco Chanel & Igor Stravinsky.

This movie promises to bring a fusion of fashion, art, dance, music, design and a wonderful dose of early 1900's Parisian life. What else could one ask for?

The setting of Paris during the reign of Diaghilev’s Ballet Russes attracts me like a moth to a flame. I’m alight with anticipation to see the audacity of Stravinsky as he brings “The Rite of Spring” to Parisian audiences for the first time. Oh, how I love a fresh work of art, so daring, so new, such unchartered territory. I love how art has the capacity to move people to such passionate opinions!

Sadly, we rarely see this anymore, are we so hard to inspire/incite, so 'seen it all' these days?

I will definitely enjoy the fashion - I possibly would have taken the fashion design direction - if I hadn't been so addicted to dance.

Can you imagine the personalities we meet in this film, the grandest of all those artistes? How decadent, alluring and inspiring.

And let's remember girls - Coco said "A woman is closest to being naked when she is well dressed". Now there's a reason to tell your husband you need more designer clothes!

No comments:

Post a Comment