Welcome

Miss Penny's Arty Stuff is a blog for artists. I aim to promote the many genres of the arts and share stories of interest and relevancy with an artistic community.

The photo above is of the Belabula River, Carcoar NSW where my family comes from.

Monday, April 12, 2010

I've been on Holiday



I want to introduce you to my darling dad, Graham. He will soon be 93 years old. Here he is showing us a rabbit trap that has been in his family for over 100 years. I love hearing the stories of our family. We are one of the founding families of the Central West of NSW. I really think being so quintessentially Australian influences my art and choice of subjects. I spent time collecting lots of 'old stuff' while I was home in Bathurst. Lots of goodies for my collage work. I really loved listening to my mother reading Henry Lawson poetry and I entertained the family with some of my favourite Banjo Paterson renditions too.

No comments:

Post a Comment