Welcome

Miss Penny's Arty Stuff is a blog for artists. I aim to promote the many genres of the arts and share stories of interest and relevancy with an artistic community.

The photo above is of the Belabula River, Carcoar NSW where my family comes from.

Sunday, April 18, 2010

I am Resurrected!


This weekend has seen my creativity turn towards 'home decorating'. Now this is a theme hubby and I know oh-so-well. Our living room is (as I write) receiving a make over. The new colour theme has seen me scurrying towards the back shed and searching through our long stored items for my much loved, but long forgotten collection of framed Broadway posters.

Oh, the memories of my dearly beloved dance studio where these once hung proudly, are only now (after ten years,) able to be withstood, any sooner and I would have been a blithering wreck.

It's been a difficult journey, coming to terms with retirement! Ha, some retirement - A DANCER CANNOT RETIRE - IT'S IMPOSSIBLE! My retirement has never actually occurred - yes, I tried a few other career options, only to find they were less than anything remotely acceptable, and back to dancing I went time and time again. And even when not dancing, I'm painting dancers. I'm obsessed - It's an artist's prerogative to be obsessive, isn't it?

Well, at least Fred and Ginger will once again be on-the-wall and Gene, Debbie & Donald will get to "Sing in the Rain" while watching me eat dinner. All my darling students will remember these favourites from our Dance Connection Days.

The glory of reminiscing........ such sweet bliss!

Photos to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment