Welcome

Miss Penny's Arty Stuff is a blog for artists. I aim to promote the many genres of the arts and share stories of interest and relevancy with an artistic community.

The photo above is of the Belabula River, Carcoar NSW where my family comes from.

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Extraordinary Talent from Sunshine Coast

I wanted to let you know how Jane Magao got on at the Sunshine Coast Vocal Eisteddfod as I've said before I think she is a talent to be watched.

Well, here is the score sheet:
Set Piece 14 years - 3rd singing 'Castle on a Cloud'
 
Sacred Gospel 14-15 years - 2nd singing  'Agnus Dei'
 
Australian composer 14 -15 years 3rd - singing  'A Roving'
 
Jane won the Music Teacher's association of QLD Bursary for achieving the highest combined points for the sections above.
 
Contemporary 14-15 years 'Last Day on Earth' (she sang this piece with such passion, even though she didn’t appear in the prize winners on this occasion).
 
Vocal Duet 13 years and over - 1st singing 'The Ashgrove'
 
Musical Theatre 14 years - 2nd singing 'I Feel Pretty' from West Side Story
 
Junior Vocal Championship 14 years and Under - 1st singing 'I Attempt From Loves Sickness To Fly' & 'En Pri'ere'. Jane also won this Championship last year!
 
Jane was presented with The Lurline Smerdon Memorial Prize.   

There were two other singers that I felt were notable and I would like to mention, they were Genevieve O'Brien and Lucy Clough. Both girls drew my attention and I think are absolutely delightful talents. I wish all girls the best in their future ventures.

No comments:

Post a Comment