Welcome

Miss Penny's Arty Stuff is a blog for artists. I aim to promote the many genres of the arts and share stories of interest and relevancy with an artistic community.

The photo above is of the Belabula River, Carcoar NSW where my family comes from.

Monday, August 9, 2010

The horrible plastic bag!


Although this is an American clip it's relevant for any of us living anywhere on the globe. I have a real issue with plastic bags. I feel really guilty about the continued output of these things on the earth and there is still not enough happening to slow the relentless production.

Have a look at my March archives to see the dress I made out of plastic bags some time ago as a statement in recycling. It was crocheted from strips of plastic bags. I found the material so toxic to work with I had to use a mask while I crocheted the plastic strips up into the frock. It does give off a gas!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment