Welcome

Miss Penny's Arty Stuff is a blog for artists. I aim to promote the many genres of the arts and share stories of interest and relevancy with an artistic community.

The photo above is of the Belabula River, Carcoar NSW where my family comes from.

Sunday, August 8, 2010

The Queen of 'Works in Progress'


Here is my rug for 2010, no it isn't finished, but I've had the best of intentions, that has to count for something.

I tend to be the Queen of 'Works in Progress', I'm wildly ambitious, dreaming that I will get through the myriad of artistic activities I set myself, projects lined up here and there and of course, it would take a team of thousands to accomplish. But, not to be disheartened on I go, sure that I can have the output of a small factory. Every now and again reality bursts my bubble when some mortal asks a question such as, "haven't you finished that rug yet, Penny?" and I have to answer "well, no".

The fact is I only get the small time I'm at soccer and the little bit after dinner to do the crocheting and a rug is such a big project.

How are you going with your winter knitting and crochet projects? Are you getting things done? Are you realistic or are you like me and live in an artistic bubble of ambition? I'd love to hear from you about how you manage your creative drive.

No comments:

Post a Comment