Welcome

Miss Penny's Arty Stuff is a blog for artists. I aim to promote the many genres of the arts and share stories of interest and relevancy with an artistic community.

The photo above is of the Belabula River, Carcoar NSW where my family comes from.

Saturday, June 26, 2010

I’ve had a sensational week!



I’ve been guest teacher at a dance studio teaching ballet to little children, filling in for a teacher who is on holiday. It has been immense fun. Usually, I teach senior full-time students, who are always lots of fun too.

Sunday was FAME (as you already know).

On Friday morning I watched our beautiful En Pointe students participate in a Masterclass with the International Stars of Ballet. There I caught up with a ballet colleague, Ms Robyn Hick who I haven’t seen for some years. Robyn was in town to see one of her former students, Damian Smith who dances with the San Francisco Ballet, Damian was one of the organisers responsible for bringing the International Stars of Ballet to the Sunshine Coast for the Noosa Long Weekend. Our En Pointe dancers auditioned and won their opportunity to participate in this prestigious event, so we are indeed very proud of them.

Today, I was off to Brisbane for the Textile Show at the Exhibition Centre. What a lovely day, spent with two wonderful girlfriends, Anne and Lizzie. I gathered lots of lovely materials, wools, felting supplies, and beads not to mention a head full of new ideas.

Then I finished off the day meeting up with my former student, Aaron who is now a musician. It was great to see him again after nearly ten years (I’m going to make sure it is never that long again). He is an inspiration, bubbling with creativity and incredibly lovable.

I’m blessed to have many wonderful relationships with my students past and present and I never ever take for granted the gift it is to be a teacher. Of late, I have had a great deal of pleasure and reward returning to me from my past students, for which I am truly grateful.

This week I also got to see the most beautiful rainbow and the most gorgeous sunset and a stunning full moon AND a frog has taken up residency in my front garden. Auspicious omens I feel sure.

I was also offered the most amazing opportunity I have ever been offered but it’s a SECRET! So, you will have to wait for the news on that one.

I only hope you have had a great week too. xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment