Welcome

Miss Penny's Arty Stuff is a blog for artists. I aim to promote the many genres of the arts and share stories of interest and relevancy with an artistic community.

The photo above is of the Belabula River, Carcoar NSW where my family comes from.

Monday, June 14, 2010

On the Mend



I'm pleased to report Grandpa Graham is 'on the mend' this latest event, 'the argument with the bus' is just a mere bump in the road for this legendary Grandfather. The heart attack that followed slowed him down for a while too and will be added to a long list of near misses.

Father has survived the following:

* World War 2
* Numerous dangerous liaisons with venomous snakes (which he used to enjoy playing with)
* A lightning strike (on a shed he was leaning against for protection in a storm)
* A train crash, (where he was in the only carriage which was not derailed)
* An earlier car accident where the car rolled several times
* A taste for buck jump riding
* And cancer of the throat

We love him to bits and hope he will stay with us much longer.

The staff of Bathurst Base Hospital have been just marvelous and we would like to thank them for all they have done.

3 comments:

  1. Such good news Penny, and a big relief for your family - I think the country breeds tougher folk! A beautiful photo with Hugo :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Fun, this is my third attempt!!
    You can certainly tell who you take after!! Your Dad looks amazing, and no older than the last time I saw him, years ago!!! I can tell it really is recent because of Hugo! (beautiful Huggy!) love to you all, Noo xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know Noo, he's positively immortal and that's how I'd like it to stay - I love my best mate and I'm totally in awe of him. What a little fighter!

    ReplyDelete